Thursday, September 10, 2009

Python & Accelerometer tests...

Yesterday I was playing with Python and came up with two new "apps".

Both are pretty useless but I had fun creating them anyway and thought I'd share the results.

The first "App" is a simulated 3D (holographic type) view of a 2D image, using the accelerometer to determine rotation etc.



the second is a classic "Unlimited Bob" routine but this time controlled by the accelerometer instead of sine tables :)



the source code can be downloaded here LINK

5 comments:

Algirdas said...

Hi, I downloaded holo2 and "Unlimited Bob" from the link, "boomshine" and "touchcomic".I must say, that worcs only "Unlimited Bob" and "boomshine", others does not work.I don't understand this.I have instaled python 1.9.7 and python script shell 1.9.7. Other programs from script shell work normaly. And work "Rotary planet"(Written for python 1.9.6). I have installed pytho on mass memory, not on "c". thanks in advanse.
Algis

rohith said...

hi
i downloaded the 3d hologram application of urs....but it is .py and i donot know how to run it in my nokia 5800....i have python 1 9 5 installed in my phone memory...i just want to know how to run it in my phone... please can u tell me through mail...my mail id is rohithyahoomail@gmail.com

Zeca said...

Really impressive performance on 3d from image thing... nice one!

Unknown said...

for holo2 you have to put image in e:\python

I personally changed it to e:\data\python, where scripts are located

maybe unlimited bob could be changed to some sort of snake controlled by accelerometer
it would be really cool

rohith said...

Is It Possible For U To Make HTC Touch VR Hologram For Nokia 5800,N97 Symbian Phones With The Help Of Python And By Using The Same Concept U Used In Making The 3d Hologram Of A Subway.....
Please Reply If U Can Make It...

Link To The Youtube Video Of HTC VR HOLOGRAM....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8EgbEfaOn0&feature=player_embedded

Thanks :D