Its been a few weeks so I thought I'd update TC big time!
In this version I have removed the lock/unlock facility as now you can select seperate folders it means that the password function was no longer needed.
I have now added:
* Double buffering, to reduce image sheering
* improved kinetic scrolling algorithm
* on screen buttons to make navigation more intuitive
* removed double taps and gestures as these were not very reliable
* added translucency for buttons
* added hardware button capture for N97 (camera button, single press) this button can also be programmed in the settings to either enable the magnifying tool, or to skip to next page.
* changed color scheme for loading screen
* added different scaling quality options to improve page swapping times.
* config file is now version dependent
* additional keyboard shortcuts for N97 (up, down and Z key to use magnifying tool)
* toggle fit to width direct from menu as well as settings.
* a whole bunch of bug fixes including the autobookmarking not working and app hanging on exit.
* search option within file open dialog
* Show read/unread flag in file open dialog (optional)
for 5800/omniaHD users you can enable the magnifying by clicking the top/left of the screen (where the page numbers are if you have them enabled)
The N97 has a duel press camera button, of which Python can detect the first level press and so I have added this and made it programmable in the settings. I have tried to map the volume up and down keys as many people have requested but its just not possible in the current versions of python.
As you can see I have put a huge amount of work into this app, as such I'd like to ask any of the users of this to help me out a bit.
If you fancy donating some cash please to so here:
Either way I hope you all enjoy this version of TouchComic
You can download it here:-
And don't forget to make sure you have the 1.9.7 run-times.